Cogen Production Operator
Responsible for the operating conditions and the operations portion of the plant facility. Observes and operates process equipment in a safe and smooth manner. Implements and follows plant procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversees the safe, efficient, reliable and environmentally sound operation of plant equipment.
- Properly operates scrubbers, steam turbines, generators, plant auxiliary equipment and systems during normal and emergency operations.
- Performs routine maintenance in order to keep the facility operational
- Generates and reviews Work Requests for execution of equipment repair.
- Takes direction from the Operator in the control room or the Unit Supervisor
- Operates various computer systems (DCS/PLC) to receive, analyze, comprehend and input data.
- Assists in on-the-job training of other Operators.
- Responsible for maintaining boiler chemistry.
- Properly fills out the required record keeping forms.
- Monitors and trouble shoots process equipment in the field.
- Assists in development, review, and revision of plant operating procedures.
- Performs housekeeping on a daily basis around the facility.
- Actively participate in established safety program
- Conserves production resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Monitor off-loading Ammonia and other bulk chemicals at the site.
- Assist with improved quality and efficiencies in the Production Department.
- Other duties as assigned.
SPECIAL SKILLS and QUALIFICATIONS
- Reads and interprets blueprints, schematic diagrams, P&IDs, procedures and technical manuals.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of power plant operations, systems, and equipment.
- Strong troubleshooting skills to solve problems.
- Directs activities of others and provide job instructions
- Communicates conditions of plant system and equipment to others.
- Good computer skills (Microsoft Office Programs) to complete operational spreadsheets and print/email as needed.
- Working knowledge of computerized maintenance management systems.
- Discerns and responds to verbal and auditory signals from control panel (DCS, CEMs, PLC systems).
- Works without supervision while carrying out duties.
- Meets physical requirements of the job such as perform tasks while standing, walking, climbing, walking on uneven surfaces, and squatting. Works with extended reach above head and in front of body and lifts 50 pounds and carry while walking distances of up to 10 feet.
- Normal office environment and/or out-of-doors environment. Out-of-doors environment includes:
- Work in/around rotating equipment, high voltage electrical equipment, high noise, and elevations up to 100 feet.
- Works in all temperatures and climatic conditions. Some temperatures can be extreme.
- Works in confined spaces, some requiring the use of respirator protective equipment.
- Performance of duties requires working rotating shifts (shift work) and response to calls 24 hours/day, seven days/week. Ability to work over time, both scheduled and unscheduled, on days of relief and beyond regular work schedule.
- Established facial hair in the sealing area of a respirator is not permitted.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 2 or 4 year degree in a technical field – preferred.
- Oklahoma Boiler Operators License or experience working on steam or propulsion systems on ships.
- 5 Years’ experience as a control room/outside operator of a Co-generation power plant.
- Ability to work in a team oriented environment.
- Must have the ability to read and comprehend operating instructions.
- Must be able to work individually or as a team member.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks.
- Must be able to communicate effectively.
- Must have strong process troubleshooting skills.
- Must be able to perform duties safely without direct supervision
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE