Phenix City, AL
Maintains production and quality by ensuring operation of machinery and mechanical equipment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
- Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
- Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
- Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment.
- Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications; establishing personal networks.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Assist with improved quality and efficiencies in the Maintenance Department.
- Must be able to work individually or as a team member.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks.
- Must be able to communicate effectively.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED
- Strong mechanical skills and aptitude
- Must pass a Mechanical Skills Certification Test, Welding Exam and/or an Electrical Exam
- Twelve (12) months of related experience in a manufacturing facility preferred